Sunday, September 4, 2011

Almost Ready for the Lake

Here is the remaining problem in rigging the motor. Because it does not have tilt trim I have been told that I cannot hook up the harness that would carry tilt trim, oil level and temp to the multi function tachometer. However the off white connector in the very front of the motor, jut above the lower cowl looks like it would mate with the harness and it presently connects to the oil level light between the two rubber knockouts in the lower cowl. What to do, what to do. Have received several good suggestions, just need to choose the right one.
I gave up and bought a brass plated piano hinge for the cuddy door. I will eventually replace it with an all brass one but it will do for now. I really want to pull BUNKY out of the shop and needed to have that door in place.
The leading edge needed to be planed off for a good fit and so I have given it a coat of epoxy to seal it and will paint tomorrow.
Need to add oil to the brand new F25 and maybe put the battery in place. Nav lights wired except for the all around light.
The shifter in place, functions nicely, access door is ready to go on, jut have to hang it in place.
I am anxious to see how she trims and might do a launch and retrieve some day next week just to see where the waterline should be and to make sure she will be self bailing.